Screen printing summer workshop III
You are able to sign up for any days and for as many days as you need, in the summer workshop periods. Each student is able to tailor the teaching to their level , just put each day in your basket, for all the dates you would like.
1 day needed
The aim of the day will be ;
- Prepare a screen .
- create stencils using paper, paintable filler and resist methods.
- mono-printing technics will also be used.
- i can also advise on setting up at home.
Screen-printing using Photo Stencils
2 -3 days needed
- You can decide how complex your project might be, the course is to learn as much about photo screen-printing in three intensive days as possible.
- Screen printing, sometimes referred to as silk screen or serigraphie, is widely used and is an extremely popular fine art print process.
- Computer technology has made scanning and separating images through Photoshop easier, but the use of positives made by autographic (hand drawn) marks using tru-
grain ( a clear grained film) is still the most original way to make a print. Both of these techniques will be used on this course,
- Also screen preparation, ultra violet light exposure and printing. An image with 4 –
6 colours is possible allowing us to complete an image ready for editioning.
- You will need protective clothing but gloves and other protection will be provided. Bring sketchbooks , inspiration , pencils any tools relevant to the course.
1-2 days needed
You will be making stencils and printing your design onto T-
The aim of this course is to learn how to;
- Print onto T-
shirts using a 3 colour press.
- Preparing screens and coating with a light sensitive emulsion.
- Making a positive from a design using photo-
shop or hand drawn positives.
- Exposing the image onto the screen with ultraviolet light,
- Developing with water and a pressure washer to wash it out.
- Printing with ink passed through the screen with a squeegee and drying.
- The design of the t shirt printer can be easily replicated to do it at home.