Two options are available to users of the facilities at St Barnabas press.
- An hourly charge is made for use of equipment,tools and for sundries
Papers, plates, screens, Lino, etc. are charged separately. In other words, there are additional charges for what you print with and what you print onto.
- Key-holder Membership giving 24 hour access. No materials provided.
A skilled technician is on hand to support your printmaking project.
Open Access Charges and membership
- Membership £50.00 per year (concessions £40.00 per year),
- Temporary Membership costs £30.00 for 3 months.
- Open-access charge applies on top of this, £7.50 /hour plus material costs (excluding inks and general workshop materials, which are included in the rate).
- Key-holder Membership 24 hr Access excludes any materials. Materials can be conveniently bought from the studio ,£120 per month 3 months minimum
Dimensions of equipment in the workshop
- Columbian Press 20″ x 30″
- Albion Press 20″ x 30″
- Larger relief prints are done on the etching press (80 cm by 160 cm)
Screen printing – three presses are available, plus four of bench top size:
- Smallest max print size 30″ x 40″
- Medium max print size 60″ x 40″
- Largest max print size 1000 mm x 2200 mm
Etching – three presses are available:
- Two presses with max print size on each of 26″ x 60″ (i.e. each will accommodate a full sheet of Jet plate)
- 18 th century double Imperial etching press 80 cm wide
- Two Portable press for out reach projects
- Small stone direct litho press half Imperial
- Larger stone direct litho press Imperial
Darkroom – Photo-print processes include:
- Indirect and direct photo-stencil screen-printing up to 2.5 m x 1.5 m
- Photo-etching and photo-relief printing
Digital printing, photography and photo film positives
- Epson 7600 inkjet printer – 620 mm wide x as long as 5 m
- Canon ipf 8100 12 colour ink jet printer 1118 mm wide x 16 m